Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Few can take just common words 
and turn them into a message 
so deep it can touch one's soul with profound emotions

Then reach to find the lost heart 
and wrap warm fingers around it
to bring back the memory of feelings

I search the past for such poets as this
-- who have given me the guidance of angels, the passion of heated love,
the tenderness of nurturing love, the sorrow of loss, the anger of injustice,
the spiritual growth I seek,
or the faith in myself I always need

The words that came from deep within their souls,
touch my own as I quietly sit and read

I take my morning coffee
onto my terrace and in my corner of solitude and peace

I open a book from long ago
and sit with one of the greats,
a poet who left words of meaning
that ring true for all time

No comments:

Post a Comment